Things to do in Jinja
The always full-of-life adventure capital of East Africa–Jinja town was established in 1907, the second largest city in Uganda & the second busiest commercial centre after the capital Kampala.
Around Jinja there is a breathtakingly beautiful landscape with warm accommodating & hospitable people, a town where the entire landscape is composed of a large garden with luscious greenery. You can not choose anywhere better than Jinja when you travel to Uganda.
A city where everything is alive and nature is very lush!
Adventures for you
• Rafting on the river Nile (where many of the global rafting-elites train) with companies Nalubale, Adrift, NRE
• Kayaking, canoeing
• Horse-riding & 4-wheelsafari through villages
And lots more…
When traveling Uganda we highly recommend 2friends newly opened extraordinary Hotel by the beach & close to the airport in Entebbe!
And of course 2 Friends in Jinja, a stone’s throw from our Guesthouse.
For Safari-trips we recommend Murchison River Lodge!
Most price-worthy & also do accommodate Safari-trips in the region!
Did you know this about Uganda?
• Uganda is one of the few countries in Africa, home to the rare tree-climbing lion.
• Uganda has some of the best protected areas with unique flora & fauna.
• The source of the Nile, the world’s longest river, is in Uganda.
• Uganda is the most attractive country for butterfly and bird enthusiasts with over 1000 species of birds.
• Uganda has probably the most pleasant weather in the world.
• With over 30 different ethnic tribes, Uganda is known to have a very rich and diverse culture.
• In Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda is one of the coolest and most beautiful waterfalls inthe world.
• Uganda is a fantastic destination for sport-fishers.
• Uganda has perhaps the freshest, juiciest & tastiest organic fruits on earth.
• In Uganda, you will find friendly, nice people, that also speaks English.
• Above all, Uganda is a safe destination where visitors can walk the streets without being disturbed.